To expand its Animation and Character Art teams, Arkane Studios is seeking talented Technical Character Artist to join us for a new unannounced project.
Under the Producer responsibility and in close collaboration with the Technical Director, the technical character artist/Animator will work with the animators and the character modelers to define, create and maintain the characters production and animation workflow
- Create and maintain an efficient animation and character production pipeline to support the Art and Design intentions, and to increase the productivity of the animation and modelers team
- Collaborate with animators to design motion controls
- Script tools for the animation team
- Work with the modelers to create models that meet technical needs
- Develop new techniques and processes to solve character production challenges
- Design, create, test and maintain character rigs/setups
- Develop and maintain character motion and deformation systems
- Support and improve the integration of animation assets from Maya to game engine
- Handle the most technical tasks related to characters set up and implementation:
- Rig and skin a variety of character assets, (heads and bodies), garments and gear
- Characters physics simulation setup and implementation (ex: cloth, ragdoll)
- Any other technical tasks like gore parts, attachments, etc.
- At least 2 years of experience in the game industry
- In-depth knowledge of Maya
- Create and maintain character and props rigs/setups
- Proficiency in Python and Mel, ability to write tools to streamline the rigging and animation process
- - Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- - User oriented and problem-solving skills
- - Maya C++ Api is a plus.
- - MotionBuilder is a plus.