il y a 539 jours
- Cette annonce est désactivée, il n'est donc plus possible d'y postuler.
PLAY, GROW and WIN
To be a part of Virtuos means to be a creator and aim at excellence.
At Virtuos, we harness the latest technologies to make video games better and more immersive than ever before. That is why we pride ourselves in constantly pushing the boundaries of possibility since our founding in 2004.
Virtuosi are a team of experts ? people who have come together to share their mutual passion for producing high-quality games. People who share the same enthusiasm in exploring new ideas and the constant drive to excel in their field. People who believe in earning success through dedication.
As a group, Virtuos has become a recognized leader in its field, has been growing faster than its peers have in recent years, and is pursuing an aggressive global expansion strategy. To this end, we are seeking an experienced VFX Artist who can join our team and help pave the way towards our new goals.
About the position
With over 2000 staff throughout the world, Virtuos is one of the largest and most trustworthy companies, which develops video games for the most famous publishers (Square Enix, Warner Bros., 2K, Ubisoft, EA, Activision, Sony, Microsoft...).
Our French studio, Virtuos Cergy, based near Paris and specialized to video game co-development for XboxOne and PS4 consoles, grows up in order to fulfill a team who already completed 4 noticeable titles: Batman - Return to Arkham, Assassin's Creed - The Ezio Collection, L.A. Noire: The V.R. Case Files and Vampyr.
For our upcoming video game and unannounced AAA projects, we are looking for a VFX artist motivated by creating high quality dynamic and dramatic special effects that add atmosphere and depth to gameplay.
Our team is always at the cutting edge of technology and partners with the industry's best minds and companies: This is a unique opportunity for a gaming passionate to work closely with game and film industry professionals from all over the world!
- Collaborate with the Art and Creative directors to create VFX for characters, environments and gameplay
- Ensure optimal performance and technical quality of VFX assets.
- Work from photo reference or concept art to deliver a fully game ready asset including texturing and shading in-game engine.
- Manage to deliver of project's environments and assets on schedule and provide schedule estimates for asset production.
- Be responsible for project deadlines while scaling your work back or ramping up according to the needs of the project.
- Work closely with engine programmers to build future tools and pipelines.
- 2 + years minimum industry experience.
- A portfolio that demonstrates VFX within a released game or game engine.
- Solid understanding of RT rendering techniques, shaders, physics, lighting, PBR etc.
- Proficiency with 3ds Max, Maya, and/or similar software.
- Familiarity with popular game engines like UE, Unity, Crytek, etc.
- Good understanding of VFX optimization for real time.
- Have significant contribution to at least 1 AAA shipped game.
- Broad range of artistic styles, passion in creating high-quality particle effects and textures.
- Strong core art skills, including an understanding of composition, form, silhouette, color and light theory.
- A keen eye for motion, compositing, and animation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good understanding of game development pipeline.
- A love and understanding of games and game art creation.
Desired Skills as a plus
- Working knowledge of dynamics and simulations package. (Houdini).
- Experience with modelling/texturing/animation.
- Experience writing shaders in a shading language such as HLSL.
What we offer:
- Open and collaborative employee culture
- Team buildings and company activities
- Healthcare plan
- Possible Work from home
- Overseas work opportunities
- Located in a green campus near RER
- Meal allowance
- Videogames and board-games library
- Complimentary drinks
- And more...
Position NameVFX Artist