- Cette annonce est désactivée, il n'est donc plus possible d'y postuler.
Founded in 2014, Novaquark is a video game studio based in Paris and Montreal (since 2019). We are dedicated to bringing together people from all over the world to bring worlds they have created themselves to life.
Our proprietary voxel technology is at the heart of this vision. Our first game, Dual Universe, is a stunning showcase of what our new generation of voxels can achieve. It allows players to unleash their imaginations and create incredible functional buildings, machines and vehicles of all shapes and sizes, as well as breathtaking virtual works of art, without needing to be a professional designer.
Dual Universe has even been nominated for a Pegasus award (the equivalent of the Césars for video games in France) in the 'Best technological innovation' category in 2023.
And we're just getting started! We're now working on several games in different genres that use the power of our voxel technology, tried-and-tested engines like Unreal 5, and industry-standard working methods.
For more information on Novaquark and Dual Universe
The NQ Way:
We prioritize results rather than seniority.
We work from anywhere.
We come as we are.
We go where no other game has gone: we started with Dual Universe, and we are all game creators, pushing innovation and creativity.
We leverage all technologies (Unreal engine, procedural, AI, UGC, data, server, voxel...) because we love, as a team, to do more with the power available at our fingertips.
And we believe it is a transmission of the future. Inclusion, innovation, progression. The future will tell us if we are right.
Regarding our rituals, we have a “Weekly Team Games” (optional) every Monday allowing you to play online with other Novaquarkians if you wish, a meeting every 3 weeks (mandatory) on Monday to communicate on the progress of our internal projects.
Newsletters are regularly sent internally to inform about the progress of our 3 games!
In Paris, our premises are located in the 3rd arrondissement near the Arts et Métiers metro station on Beaubourg street. When you come on-site, you can enjoy a multitude of various and varied restaurants, there is something for everyone!
In Montreal, we work in a coworking space, and the studio is set to grow!
Novaquark is committed to fighting all forms of discrimination. The position is open to all profiles.
- Are you passionate about producing the most realistic and convincing visual effects possible?
- Do you have experience using software such as Unreal 5 (Lumen and Nanite, Blueprint, and real-time 3D)?
- Do you enjoy working with a variety of professions (artists, programmers, animators...) to complete a project together?
Why do we need a Lighter/VFX?
Currently, we are working on the development of three games (one A, one AA, and one AAA), and therefore varied environments where the elaboration and implementation of light will be essential. That's why we are looking for a Lighter/VFX who will have the versatility to juggle between different projects and teams.
Your future team
The team (10 to 15 people in total) consists of graphic designers, tech artists, animators, programmers, as well as people more specialized in Level Design and Game Design. You will work in correlation with all these people.
All supervised by Jérémie (Artistic Director) and Eric (Lead Art 3D), your future manager.
Eric, Lead Art 3D, started in publishing by illustrating book covers (like Philip K. Dick) and collaborated with authors like Gerard Klein. He then evolved in the video game industry, working for companies such as Quantic Dream, Ubisoft, and EA, and contributing to games like The Nomad Soul and The Sims. With experience in various graphic positions, Eric can synthesize the needs of a graphic team while managing production constraints and maintaining a work environment based on sharing and respect.
Jérémie, Artistic Director, has over 15 years of experience in the video game industry in Montreal, having been Associate Artistic Director and Senior Concept Artist on franchises like Dead by Daylight and Star Citizen. He specializes in defining a clear and effective artistic vision through artistic direction documents and is attentive to details to provide you with all the tools and resources necessary to achieve the production teams' objectives.
Your future impact
- You will produce high-quality effects at all stages of the production process while respecting the technical and artistic constraints of the projects.
- You will master Unreal 5 (Lumen and Nanite, atmospheric effects like fog and bloom), Blueprint, tricks to optimize the impact of lighting and rendering on display speed while juggling Unreal settings, optimizing processes (knowledge of real-time 3D) and effects with the best possible renderings via VFX integrators.
- You will understand best practices, production pipelines, and workflows and rely on game design documents to develop an understanding of the environments, objectives, atmospheres, story, and style of the project.
- You will maintain a balance between quality and performance by establishing sharing relationships with artists, designers, and programmers to ensure overall consistency while respecting their needs for an effective lighting approach.
For players, your impact will be essential for their immersion and gaming experience.
For the game, your impact will be significant in creating the desired atmosphere and ambiance, thus influencing the story and the player's interaction with the game environment.
For internal teams, your impact will be central to ensuring that visual elements are harmoniously integrated and reinforce the overall aesthetics of the game.
- Permanent contract
- Availability: Early January 2024 (if available before, do not hesitate to apply!)
- Location: Paris or Montreal
- Compensation and Benefits (France):
💸 36k€ to 44k€ (+ depending on profile)
🌍 Full remote possible
🏖️ 25 paid holidays + 12 RTT
🍴 Lunch vouchers via Swile
🩺 Health insurance via Alan, 100% covered
- Compensation and Benefits (Canada):
💸 80k$ to 100k$ (+ depending on profile)
🌍 Full remote possible
🏖️ 20 paid holidays
🩺 Premium health insurance
💰 Opening of a retirement savings account after the probationary period
- First exchange (30 min) by phone with Arthur (Recruiter): To learn more about your experience, your interests, and to talk about the position and Novaquark.
- Technical/Manager interview (1 h) by video with Eric (Lead 3D): To assess your technical skills and meet your future Manager who will present the position in more detail.
- Job offer (10 min) by phone with Arthur: If everything is positive on your side and ours, it will be the natural evolution of our recruitment process.
Throughout the recruitment process, Arthur will ensure follow-up and coordination. Do not hesitate to send your portfolio in addition to your CV to see your creations!