Senior Gameplay Programmer
il y a 83 jours
- Cette annonce est désactivée, il n'est donc plus possible d'y postuler.
With over 2,000 staff, Virtuos is one of the largest and most recognized game developers. Since 2004, Virtuos has contributed to hundreds of games on all major platforms.
Our track record is full of achievements. Virtuos has worked with 15 of the top 20 game companies worldwide (Square Enix, Warner Bros., 2K, Ubisoft, EA, Activision, Sony, Microsoft...) by contributing to many of their largest AAA, New-Gen titles as well as shipping over 10 co-developed titles each year in recent years. Virtuos aims at being the Number One game development partner by providing the best games and art to developers and publishers worldwide.
Our French studio located in Cergy is specialized in co-development on Xbox, PlayStation and PC platforms, and contributed to Batman - Return to Arkham (2016), L.A. Noire: The V.R. Case Files (2017), Vampyr (2018), Assassin's Creed Liberation Remastered (2019), The Outer Worlds (2019), Marvel's Avengers (2020) and Horizon Zero Dawn: Complete Edition (2020).
For on-going and unannounced projects, we are looking for a programmer to work on versatile and various productions focused on gameplay development missions at first and extendable to engine features implementation, optimization, visual system improvement or integration of cutting-edge technologies.
By joining teams of passionate people, the first mission will be either to develop mechanisms of an internal game production, or to implement agent behaviors or related game systems into the brand new in-progress open-world game of a renowned client for next-gen consoles, targeting in any case the best possible quality.
- Analyze game designers' demands and iterate with them in order to implement various gameplay mechanisms, from prototype until polishing stages, to reach an appealing and fun result as well as staying reliable and performance efficient;
- Get involved in the game architecture defined by the lead developer and the technical director;
- Develop required tools and functions related to the implemented gameplay in order to expose tunable parameters and events to game designers;
- Provide with his in-depth expertise in gameplay development and share it with the whole team;
- Collaborate with other team members and other development, art or production teams, whatever local or remote;
- Make propositions to improve existing functionalities, for the sake of the final quality of the game;
- Deliver a clean, clearly commented and structured code, in respect of the suitable conditions of performance and reliability;
- Integrate in game when necessary any delivered asset (characters, environments, props, animations, cut-scenes, UIs, sounds, special effects, etc.);
- Investigate and solve bugs identified in the source code (even written by other developers);
- Profile performance or memory troubles and solve them by bringing appropriate optimizations;
- Make sure the provided work result fit the expected quality;
- Report the work in progress and deliver the achieved result on time, along with any information needed to use it properly;
- When necessary, write a technical document explaining the developed or studied system.
Must have qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years in game programming
- An in-depth experience in Unreal Engine 4 or Unity in gameplay programming or game system development;
- Mastery in C++ and object-oriented programming;
- Excellent understanding of the code impact on performance and memory utilization;
- Autonomous and proactive attitude;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, French and English both written and spoken;
- Being comfortable with debugging unfamiliar code;
- Passion for making and playing games.
Nice to have qualifications
- Credited in one released AAA game at least;
- Experienced in AI development in AAA game;
- Knowledge in animation programming.
What we offer
- Open and collaborative employee culture ;
- Team buildings and company activities ;
- Healthcare plan ;
- Work from home possible ;
- Oversee work opportunities ;
- Located in a green campus near RER ;
- Meal allowance ;
- Videogames and board-games library ;
- Complimentary drinks ;
- And more...