Based in Nice, France, Wolcen Studio is looking for a Lead Game Play Programmer to join the programming team on site and lead between 4 and 8 gameplay programmers. Under the supervision of the programming director, you will ensure the game features quality and take care that they are delivered according to the release schedule.
Your main responsabilities will be :
- Manage the gameplay programmer team and overview all changes brought to the game code.
- Track & review feature design and integration.
- Help create new gameplay features following design specifications and design tools to facilitate their usage.
- Communicate and synchronize with other departments to ensure feature integration continuity.
- Help estimate development cost of features and code changes.
- Discuss feasibility and find compromises to provide the other departments with stable and versatile gameplay features within the available time frame.
- Deploy testing and profiling code to measure the impact of new game features on the existing codebase.
- Optimize code and data for memory usage and performance as required.
- Help maintaining existing game features, reviewing and debugging existing code, correcting bugs identified by the production and quality control teams.
- Review other programmers code, test and validate their work to meet quality standards.
- Help the other programmers meet deadlines provided by the project manager.
- Work closely with the engine programmers to ensure game code quality and engine code quality.
- Work closely with the game designers to ensure the highest gameplay quality possible is met.
- Report frequently to the programming director and project manager about overall progress.
- Master's degree in engineering or computer science or equivalent.
- At least 3 years of experience as lead gameplay programmer.
- Extensive knowledge of C++ language.
- Experience using SCM solutions (git, svn, etc.)
- Solid knowledge of client / server network architecture
- Autonomy, ability to work with other teams, communication skills
- Leadership, deep understanding of resource management
- Experience with bug tracking and project management systems (Redmine, Jira, etc.)
- Ability to provide reports and documentation
- French-English, spoken and written.
- Experience with the CryEngine 3.8.6 is a plus
- Experience working on active online multiplayer games is a plus
- Interest in game design is a plus