- 75017 Paris Paris
il y a 266 jours
- Cette annonce est désactivée, il n'est donc plus possible d'y postuler.
Akur8 is a young, dynamic, fast growing Insurtech startup that is revolutionizing insurance pricing with transparent AI.
Since 2016 our skilled R&D team of Data Scientists, Software Engineers and Actuaries has developed unique AI algorithms that automate the insurance pricing process in an unprecedented way.
Our solution is a SaaS platform which allows insurance companies to model their risks 10 times faster, with a higher predictive power than traditional methods. constituting a major game changer for the insurance industry.
Being international by design, targeting all insurance carriers globally, and focusing on more mature markets for faster expansion, we were selected:
- as France's Best Insurtech 2020
- in CBInsights World's Top 100 Private AI Companies for 2021
- in the Top 25 emerging technologies in Oxbow Partners insurtech impact report
- in the Top 20 in both the CodinGame Fall Challenge 2020 & Spring Challenge 2021
To learn more about Akur8, go to this video link
To meet our Data Science team, go to this video link
Akur8 is, in all senses of the term, an equal opportunities employer.
With researchers from ENS-INRIA we created new machine learning algorithms based on innovative statistical and optimization techniques.
The creation of these proprietary algorithms is influenced by the strong regulations in force in the insurance pricing sector, demanding - amongst other things - fully transparent models (as well as statistical proof for all of the factors driving these predictions), resulting in intense activity for Akur8.
As a Data Scientist in our R&D team, you'll contribute to the design of the machine-learning platform to enhance:
- Risk Modelling (analysis of the risk attached to individual insurance clients or insurance portfolios)
- Demand Modelling (modeling portfolio behaviour and the probability of potential clients to buy our products or renew their contracts)
- Price Optimization (making sure we propose our insurance product at the correct price to every potential client)
Practically you will begin by :
- Adding new functionalities on the Akur8 platform to answer clients' needs in terms of modeling capabilities, data or models understanding, data-processing, ...
- Designing and implementing pragmatic solutions to real insurance pricing problems, and test their robustness on our data
- Reading, understanding and explaining to the team strengths and weaknesses of research papers in ML, algorithmic and optimization
- Interacting with clients to explain the capabilities of Akur8's pricing platform and train the new users so they can understand our approach and efficiently use the algorithms you developed
- Understanding the users' needs and help prioritize the new features that will be integrated into the platform
- Implementing reliable tests, use continuous integration and exploit at best AWS Cloud capabilities with our back-end engineers.
Your work will involve:
- Designing, building, integrating and maintaining efficient, reusable and reliable code
- Taking into account the business objectives of the models created (in particular: robustness, interpretability and implementation cost), as well as the actual needs of the end users of our solution.
- Involve interaction with end users (Data Scientists & Risk Managers/Actuaries) in order to present our platform and train users
- Relying on a strong understanding of the statistics, machine learning methods and optimization techniques used
For our R&D Data Science team we're keen to speak to applicants that meet the following criteria:
- A PhD (or MSc) in a quantitative discipline such as Applied Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Probability etc.
- High proficiency in Mathematics, Statistics, Algorithmics, Optimization & Programming
- Comfortable with Python (NumPy, Pandas, ...).
- Excellent communication skills for interaction with our client's Data Science & Risk Management teams
- Knowledge of another object-oriented programming language (Java, C#...) is a plus.
You will join a multicultural, highly skilled and motivated team, with a strong Tech DNA, a strive for excellence and a caring mindset.
In addition to this we provide:
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus
- Company shares/equity
- Hybrid office/home office policy
- 25 days of paid holidays + RTT
- Gym membership with Gymlib + on-site gym facilities/different sporting events
- Swile lunch vouchers
- Alan health insurance (including possibility of family coverage)
- Relocation support
- Sponsored crèche access
- Beautiful office in the heart of the 17th arrondissement of Paris, with a great terrace
- Free cafeteria with fresh fruit, drinks and snacks
- Ongoing training