Technical Character Artist
- Lyon - Rhône, France
il y a 461 jours
- Cette annonce est désactivée, il n'est donc plus possible d'y postuler.
Arkane Studios' iconic brands such as Dishonored®, Dishonored 2® and Prey® have become staples of popular culture for generations of gamers. We are also proud to announce our newest upcoming title, "Deathloop" - an innovative take on first-person action!
Our company provides technical, design and artistic leadership as a world-renowned game developer and technology innovator since its founding in 1999. Our studio is professional with a relaxed working atmosphere located in Lyon town center.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, incl. private medical insurance, flex hours, 25 paid vacations days per year, sports program, transport titles, onboarding program, etc.
To expand its Animation and Character Art teams, Arkane Studios is seeking talented Technical Character Artist to join us for a new unannounced project.
Under the Producer responsibility and in close collaboration with the Technical Director, the technical character artist/Animator will work with the animators and the character modelers to define, create and maintain the characters production and animation workflow.
- Create and maintain an efficient animation and character production pipeline to support the Art and Design intentions, and to increase the productivity of the animation and modelers team
- Collaborate with animators to design motion controls
- Script tools for the animation team
- Work with the modelers to create models that meet technical needs
- Develop new techniques and processes to solve character production challenges
- Design, create, test and maintain character rigs/setups
- Develop and maintain character motion and deformation systems
- Support and improve the integration of animation assets from Maya to game engine
- Handle the most technical tasks related to characters set up and implementation:
- Rig and skin a variety of character assets, (heads and bodies), garments and gear
- Characters physics simulation setup and implementation (ex: cloth, ragdoll)
- Any other technical tasks like gore parts, attachments, etc.
- At least 2 years of experience in the game industry
- In-depth knowledge of Maya
- Create and maintain character and props rigs/setups
- Proficiency in Python and Mel, ability to write tools to streamline the rigging and animation process