Technical Character Artist
- Lyon - Rhône, France
il y a 414 jours
- Cette annonce est désactivée, il n'est donc plus possible d'y postuler.
Description du poste
To expand its Animation and Character Art teams, Arkane Studios is seeking talented Technical Character Artist to join us for a new unannounced project.
Under the Producer responsibility and in close collaboration with the Technical Director, the technical character artist/Animator will work with the animators and the character modelers to define, create and maintain the characters production and animation workflow
- Create and maintain an efficient animation and character production pipeline to support the Art and Design intentions, and to increase the productivity of the animation and modelers teamCollaborate with animators to design motion controls
Script tools for the animation team
Work with the modelers to create models that meet technical needs
Develop new techniques and processes to solve character production challenges
- Design, create, test and maintain character rigs/setupsDevelop and maintain character motion and deformation systems
Support and improve the integration of animation assets from Maya to game engine
- Handle the most technical tasks related to characters set up and implementation :Rig and skin a variety of character assets, (heads and bodies), garments and gear
Characters physics simulation setup and implementation (ex : cloth, ragdoll)
Any other technical tasks like gore parts, attachments, etc.
- At least 2 years of experience in the game industry
- In-depth knowledge of Maya
- Create and maintain character and props rigs/setups
- Proficiency in Python and Mel, ability to write tools to streamline the rigging and animation process
Desired Skills :
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- User oriented and problem-solving skills
- Maya C++ Api is a plus.
- MotionBuilder is a plus.
Working as an Arkanite
- Comprehensive benefits package, incl. private medical insurance, flex hours, up to 30 paid vacations days per year, sports program, transport compensation, onboarding program, free Fridays etc.
- Professional and relaxed working atmosphere
- Modern studio located in the trendy area of Lyon Confluence, a hot spot for nature, sports, food, and music
- International work culture
Our company provides technical, design and artistic leadership as a world-renowned game developer and technology innovator since its founding in 1999.
Arkane Studios' iconic brands such as Dishonored®, Dishonored 2® and Prey® have become staples of popular culture for generations of gamers.