Senior Network Programmer
- Paris - Île-de-France, France
il y a 1006 jours
- DAREWISE ENTERTAINMENT
- Cette annonce est désactivée, il n'est donc plus possible d'y postuler.
Darewise Entertainment is an upcoming independent games studio with one goal: to revolutionize online games. Based in Paris and led by the creative vision of Viktor Antonov (Valve, Bethesda) and Randy Smith (Looking Glass, EA), we combine international experience and disruptive creativity to deliver the games of tomorrow. We focus on building large scale virtual worlds, where players write their own stories and take fate into their own hands. We create the impossible.
If you dream of pushing the boundaries of online games, then join our international team!
We are looking for an experienced and talented Senior Network Programmer for an upcoming MMO game! Online programming is at the core of what we do and at Darewise you will be working with cutting-edge technology to deliver experiences that go beyond current multiplayer games.
Ideal candidates will have many of these qualifications :
- 5+ years online programming experience and at least one released AAA PC/console game
- Very strong C++ skills with excellent software architecture and low level knowledge
- Expert knowledge of low level network protocols, and security best practices
- Experience with hosting game servers and cloud computing
- Appetite for learning and staying ahead of the curve by keeping in touch with cutting edge techniques
- Passion for making games, self-motivation, driven to creatively solve problems, interest and willingness to participate in all the aspects of game development
- Positive, collaborative and professional attitude while working under multiple deadlines.
- Strong English and communication skills, comfortable working with non-technical people and remote teams.
- Based in or willing to relocate to Paris, France.
Also nice to have:
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Cross-platform experience: PC, Linux, Consoles…
- Personal interest in MMO games and virtual worlds
- As part of our Engineering team, design and implement the network architecture of our games
- Work with SpatialOS, exciting new technologie and drive innovation in an ambitious MMO project
- Work closely with game designers to support online gameplay features in an efficient and secure manner
- Oversee the matchmaking, security and performance concerns of the game, advising and mentoring other programmers as necessary
- Ensure there are no surprises by maintaining a robust testing framework throughout the development of the game
- Competitive salary (based on experience) with stock options.
- Unlimited paid holiday and flexible working hours.
- Relocation package including EU working visa assistance if necessary.
- Benefits package including private health insurance, pension and public transport.
- Unlimited budget for your workspace hardware, software and tools.
- Monthly free games to be up to date with all the latest release.
- Fully stocked fridges and weekly lunches.
- Working within a small, highly motivated team who are passionate to succeed.
- Living in Paris, one of the most iconic and exciting cities in the world.