Senior Game Developer / Technical Artist (Unity)
- Bordeaux - Gironde, France
il y a 9 jours
Evil Empire, the new team working on Motion Twin's smash hit Dead Cells, among other ambitious projects, is looking for a Senior Game Developer/Technical Artist (Unity) with at least one game shipped in Unity working on the rendering and technical implementation of the art direction.
As we start work on new projects, alongside continued support for Dead Cells, we need to ensure that we're working with the latest technology and bringing in talented and experienced programmers capable of supporting multi-year projects with first class art direction and technical implementation.
Being a little bit crazy about video games is a must.
Your responsibilities would include :
- Working closely with the Art Director and CTO to ensure that we can achieve the desired artistic vision through Unity while still being able to ship across multiple target systems.
- Designing, implementing and maintaining the artistic workflow and necessary tools/pipelines for multiple projects and multiple teams.
- Technical programming and development designed to ensure that our artists and gameplay programmers can focus on the fun.
- Developing and writing documentation to explain the workflows and processes you've put in place for your team.
- Developing analytical tools for analysing game performance in order to then optimise that performance on all platforms.
- Working closely with and training the rest of your team on how to use the tools that you've built, gathering feedback and improving said tools as you go.
- Finding technical solutions and solving problems will be crucial, bringing to bear your understanding of engine, hardware and real time constraints.
- You should have at least 5+ years of experience in the games industry with one shipped title in Unity.
- Deep understanding of all components of the art production pipeline in Unity.
- Demonstrable production experience with Universal Rendering Pipeline would be greatly appreciated.
- Excellent communication skills, most of your job is translating between two groups of people that speak different languages (artists vs devs).
- Strong understanding of art asset production tools (Photoshop, Maya, Blender, 3DS etc.)
Bonus points :
- Experience running dev ops for games you've deployed.
- Experience with 2D packages, and a deep understanding of their benefits and limitations, and the production pipelines that fit with them.
- Some scripting language experience (Python, Lua, MaxScript, ...)
- English (at least B2).
- Previous work experience in both indie and AAA studios.
- 38 - 50k EUR (gross) per year, depending on experience and profile.
- Full time (CDI) at 35 hours per week.
- Based in our office in Bordeaux, though work from home and necessary precautions are in place during the COVID19 crisis.
- Financial and logistical help with relocation (basically we take care of it all).
- Fringe benefits include ; restaurant cheques, as much junk food fruit and good stuff as you can eat, infinite coffee, flexible working hours, access to any books and professional development resources you want and more.