Evil Empire, the new team working on Motion Twin's smash hit Dead Cells, among other ambitious projects, is looking for a Senior Game Developer / Team Lead with at least one game shipped as Lead Developer in Unity.
As we start work on new projects, alongside continued support for Dead Cells, we need to ensure that we're working with the latest technology and bringing in talented and experienced programmers capable of leading multi-year projects with game as a service DNA.
Being a little bit crazy about video games is a must.
Your responsibilities would include :
- Working closely with the CTO to put in place the architecture for new projects, including both original and existing game IPs / projects.
- Taking over, optimizing and maintaining the architecture of existing projects to ensure that a development team can scale around the project.
- Ensuring that the projects you work on can fluidly ship content while already live without significant downtime and without causing devs to lose sleep / hair.
- Leading a team of confirmed and junior developers on multiple year projects ensuring code quality, team cohesion and ongoing learning for everyone under you.
- Participating in the recruitment process and the structuration of your team.
- You should have at least 5+ years of experience in the games industry with one shipped title in Unity (games shipped on consoles would be nice too).
- Comprehensive experience with C#.
- Being open-minded, curious and comfortable working autonomously.
- Good time management skills, experience with planning and scheduling, used to the development workflow setup process.
- Proactive and curious regarding your own skills, always looking for ways to get better and bring your colleagues up with you.
Bonus Points :
- Previous team lead experience
- Experience running dev ops for games you've deployed.
- English (at least B2).
- Previous work experience in both indie and AAA studios.
- 38 - 50k EUR (gross) per year, depending on experience and profile.
- Full time (CDI) at 35 hours per week.
- Based in our office in Bordeaux, though work from home and necessary precautions are in place during the COVID19 crisis.
- Fringe benefits include ; restaurant cheques, as much (ahem junk food) fruit and good stuff as you can eat, infinite coffee, flexible working hours, access to any books and professional development resources you want and more