Level Designer in Bordeaux
Fancy working on an unannounced project to create well-designed levels and push the quality of your work further than you've gone before?
This is a great opportunity to work at a passionate and ambitious studio that have proved that they can create some of the best games around. They create beautiful PC and console games and if you join them you'll be working with some of the most famous household names around.
If you're a Level Designer with a solid background and are looking for a new challenge then this could be the job for you!
Level Designer Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Lead Level Designer to design the levels for an upcoming title
- Sketch, block and prototype through the different phases of level design
- Translate design briefs into playable game levels
- Ensure Level Design documentation is created and updated correctly throughout the project
- Integrate elements within the levels and adjust as needed
Requirements for this role in Bordeaux
- You love video games and are a very creative person
- Examples of previous work in a AAA environment, turning artistic concepts into game play levels
- Extensive experience with the phases of level design (sketching, blocking, prototyping etc)
- You're analytical and are comfortable working with a wide team of experts across art, programming, production etc
- You can speak both English and French to a professional level
Please be aware that while we would love to respond to every application we receive, due to high numbers we cannot guarantee this. We do however appreciate any time you invest into the application and will make sure to get in touch should anything in future more closely fit your skillset.
A little bit about the city: Bordeaux
Labelled as a European Best Destination in 2015, Bordeaux is a stunning, welcoming and authentically French city. This city is perfect for whatever your heart desires, an hour away from various European capitals (Paris, London, Rome, Amsterdam, Madrid), a few miles away from some beautiful beaches and also from ski resorts in the Pyrenees mountains, what more could you wish for? Getting around the city couldn't be easier with an extensive public transportation system of buses, trains and trams, as well as bicycle paths all around, there is no need for stress on the daily commute.