Content / Combat Game Designer
- Paris - Île-de-France, France
il y a 1195 jours
- DAREWISE ENTERTAINMENT
- Cette annonce est désactivée, il n'est donc plus possible d'y postuler.
Darewise Entertainment is an upcoming independent games studio with one goal: to revolutionize online games. Based in Paris and led by the creative vision of Viktor Antonov (Valve, Bethesda) and Randy Smith (Looking Glass, EA), we combine international experience and disruptive creativity to deliver the games of tomorrow. We focus on building large scale virtual worlds, where players write their own stories and take fate into their own hands. We create the impossible.
If you dream of pushing the boundaries of online games, then join our international team!
We are looking for a versatile and talented Game Designer! If you want to make a difference and work on products that matter to players, you belong with us. Our entrepreneurial spirit will allow you to express and grow together with us, in the mission to serve our players with the best possible games.
As a Darewise Game Designer focused on Content and Combat, you will work directly in the engine to build in-game locations and design, create, and tune game mechanics which lead to exciting, emergent, varied, and well-balanced asymmetric PvP MMO combat.
Darewise is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates.
Ideal candidates will have many of these qualifications :
- 4+ years console or PC game design experience on products which may include AAA, online / MMO, third person action, and open worlds.
- Experience with creating game mechanics and tuning dynamics to produce multiplayer PvP combat. Bonus for experience with asymmetry.
- Experience in level design, creating in-game world spaces which serve as PvP combat arenas. Bonus for experience with procedural generation and population.
- Hands-on implementation experience with Unreal editor and Blueprint.
- Positive, collaborative and professional attitude while working under multiple deadlines and getting things done well and on time.
- Strong English and communication skills, comfortable working with non-technical people and remote teams
- Based in or willing to relocate to Paris, France.
- Design weapons, gear, special abilities, and combat dynamics for a highly asymmetrical PvP MMO experience.
- Design and implement environments that are a perfect match for the combat mechanics.
- Tune the combat to be balanced and highly varied, empowering a wealth of emergent, player-authored tactics.
- Work directly in the 3D game editor on a daily basis to create and tune content.
- Author documentation as needed.
- Collaborate with a systems designer who will be responsible for economy tuning, meta-level game balance, and other higher level game experiences that will be woven together with your work.
- Competitive salary (based on experience) with stock options.
- Unlimited paid holiday and flexible working hours.
- Relocation package including EU working visa assistance if necessary.
- Benefits package including private health insurance, pension and public transport.
- Unlimited budget for your workspace hardware, software and tools.
- Monthly free games to be up to date with all the latest release.
- Fully stocked fridges and weekly lunches.
- Working within a small, highly motivated team who are passionate to succeed.
- Living in Paris, one of the most iconic and exciting cities in the world.