Black Forest Games GmbH, Offenburg, Germany
- Member of the THQ Nordic family –
Black Forest Games is part of the fastest growing publisher in Europe, Embracer, and the biggest studio of THQ Nordic Vienna. Here in the south of Germany, directly at the French border, we combine the creative freedom and culture of an independent studio with the financial security of a big publisher.
We are an international team and we foster diversity. If candidates embrace that too we definitely consider it as a plus.
Black Forest Games is seeking a talented Character Artist to work on a AAA title for a big publisher.
You will be in charge of creating impressive high quality characters, animals and monsters. You will be part of our art-team, reporting directly to the lead character artist and/or technical art director.
- Character Sculpting, Lowpoly Modeling, Unwrapping, Texturing (PBR workflow)
- Character Prop/Equipment Sculpting, Modeling, Unwrapping, Texturing
- Collaborate with the concept art team in developing the look of the characters
- Shipped at least 1 title as a character artist
- 3+ years of experience creating AAA quality character assets for games
- Ability to embellish concepts with technical constraints in mind while maintaining overall aesthetic.
- Strong knowledge of human anatomy and the ability to demonstrate it through digital sculpting
- Strong ability to sculpt organic clothing on characters
- Strong hard surface modeling ability to create props and equipment on characters
- Strong grasp of topology and how it applies to animation for characters
- Proficient in the high poly, low poly baking workflow
- Proficient Texturing skills using Substance Painter or similar software
- Proficient in Zbrush ,3DS Max, Photoshop or such
- Self-motivated, technical problem solver
- Be able to work with different art style (realistic, stylized, cartoony)
- Excellent communication skills & proven ability to work within a team
- Experience with Marvelous designer, Topogun
- Character Rigging/ Skinning
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Traditional drawing and sculpting skills
We would like to see your portfolio (Assessment)
Why join Black Forest Games ?
We are a team with a long history of looking for long-term companions – we are hiring for the studio, not for the project. This is an important part of our company philosophy. Talent is always welcome, no matter where you are from. We offer a family friendly work life balance and a lot of flexibility.
Here you can work on IPs known worldwide and help shaping them.
As a bonus, Black Forest Games is located in one of the most beautiful and wealthiest areas in South of Germany, located closely to Strasbourg, Karlsruhe and Basel. Getting here is a non issue, because of excellent traffic conditions – 3 airports about 30 minutes away, the Autobahn and the ICE station right around the corner. All of this in a region where kids still play in the nature and drive to school by bike.
You love everything about us but you don’t want to live in Germany? No problem, lots of our developers are living cross the border in Strasbourg, France and get here easily by train or car. Strasbourg is one of the biggest cities in France with 500.000 citizens.
- Vous devez être connecté pour postuler à cette offre
Cliquez ici pour vous connecter ou créer un compte.